I was nominated by two amazing bloggers for this award. They were Cherry @Read Forevermore and Beth @Reading Every Night. Thank you both once more for nominating me. ❤ 🙂 Be sure to check out all their blogs!
1. Thank and follow the blog that nominated you.
2. Tell us 11 facts about yourself.
3. Answer the questions that were set for you to answer.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers and set questions for them.
11 Facts About Me:
- My all time favourite Disney movie is Mulan.
- I have never seen Titanic, nor do I plan to watch it.
- I’m around 175cm tall. And no, I have no idea how tall that is in inches.
- I can speak three languages: English, German and Serbian.
- And I’m learning Italian and Japanese at the moment.
- I coloured my hair for the first time when I was 18.
- I have 2 piercings in my right ear and 3 in my left.
- I really want to get a tattoo, but I can’t decided what and where to get it.
- My favourite number is 7.
- I love colouring books, they relax me a lot.
- I keep a diary where I write down all my thoughts, which I find very therapeutic.
Sorry if I have already mentioned any of these in some other posts. I’m terrible at coming up with facts about myself! But I hope you get to know more about me anyway. 😀
1. Who is your number one fictional boyfriend and why?
I actually don’t have one. I do have quiet a lot of male characters that I love, but I don’t know if I would consider any of them to be my fictional boyfriend. It’s very rare for me to consider a character to be my fictional boyfriend and I really don’t have a number one among those few, simply because I like them for different reasons.
2. What is your favourite opening line from a book?
In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a hobbit-hole, and that means comfort.
– The Hobbit, J.R.R. Tolkien.
3. If your life could have a soundtrack, what songs would be on it?
I honestly have no idea. Probably all the rock and metal songs that I listen to the most. Especially since I tend to listen to music while walking around and it feels like they are all on my life soundtrack! Naming all of them would be impossible, as the list is quiet long.
(Plus my phone is dead at the moment, so I can’t check my playlist either.)
4. What are some of your other hobbies besides reading?
Blogging is quiet obvious, but I think I need to mention it anyway as it takes up a lot of my time
(a lot more than I thought it would when I started doing it). Besides reading I enjoy watching tv shows and anime. A big passion of mine is drawing and painting as well. Though I haven’t been doing much of that lately, as I simply had no time to do it. I do hope that changes soon! I also like to write stories (how good they are, that’s another thing). And I love going to museums and art galleries.
5. If you were your favourite book character, what would a typical day in your life look like?
I have a ton of favourite characters, so choosing just one seems really impossible. But if we are thinking of a favourite character whose life I wouldn’t mind having, the first one that comes to mind is Luna Lovegood.
My typical day, if she was still going to Hogwarts, would consist of attending classes, spending time with friends and exploring the school grounds. Plus of a lot of reading and studying. If it was during summer, I can imagine Luna going around and exploring nearby forests and fields – so I guess that’s what I would be doing as well.
6. What do you love the most about blogging?
There are two things that immediately come to my mind. One: I love sharing my thoughts on books, as I don’t have friends that read in real life. Two: the community and friends that I have made. Everyone is really lovely and I adore interacting with everyone and sharing my love for books
(among other things).
7. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Japan. Without a doubt I would go to Japan. It’s a place that I have wanted to visit for the longest time, but never had the chance to do so.
(Time and money aren’t on my side for this one.) So if I got the opportunity to travel anywhere in the world I would definitely pick Japan. I don’t even care if it would be a trip to a big city or a small town, I would just love to go there and experience the culture and everything else.
8. Favourite kind of ice cream?
I don’t actually have one favourite flavour. Ice cream is generally my favourite sweet food and I tend to get different flavours each time, depending on what kind of mood I’m in.
(Or rather what I feel like eating.) I don’t have one specific go-to ice cream that I eat. Recently I have mostly been eating strawberry ice cream, I just have been in the mood for it for whatever reason.
1. Is there a book death you’re still not over, if so which one?
Oh, there are quiet a few book deaths that I found tragic, but one that immediately jumps to my mind whenever I hear this question. And that is the death from Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.
(I’m not actually going to mention who died, because of spoilers, but anyone who has read this book knows who I’m talking about.) It’s literary been YEARS since I first read this book and I just can’t get over the fact that this character died. I always imagine what it would be like if it didn’t happen and get extremely sad, because it can never be.
2. What is the one thing you cannot live without?
Stories. Any kind of stories, in any form. Books, tv shows, anime, games, movies. Any story really. I don’t think I could ever live without them and I just picturing my life without them makes it seem bleak and depressing.
3. What would be your dream job?
I would love to work in a museum or art gallery. That’s basically my dream, although I would love to be an author as well. Soooo I guess a combination of those two would be perfect for me. Kind of?
(Sometimes I have no idea what I want to do with my life, but we won’t be focusing on that.)
4. If you could travel anywhere in the world, outside of the world, or in a book world, where would you go?
In the world: I would love to go to Scotland. It’s a place that I have always wanted to visit.
Outside of the world: Is it weird that I would like to go to the moon? I don’t know, I’m just fascinated by it – plus it would be an adventure like no other.
Book world: Definitely Harry Potter, without a doubt. I would love to have magic, plus it would be amazing to go to Hogwarts. And I would love to see all the magical creatures that exist within the Harry Potter world.
5. What is the best book you’ve read so far this year?
The first book that came to my mind was A Darker Shade of Magic by V. E. Schwab. I just adored everything about this book – from the world, to the magic, the characters and everything else. It’s definitely one of my new favourite books! I NEED to get to the second book in this series really soon!! I have a full review for A Darker Shade of Magic, if you want to know more of my thoughts.
6. What is the worst book you’ve read so far this year?
While I did not hate Quinsey Wolfe’s Glass Vault by Candace Robinson, it’s definitely the book that I was most disappointed in. The premise sounded amazing, the cover captivated me but I had so many problems with the story itself. I have a full review for this book, if you want to know what about it I disliked.
7. Favourite comfort food?
I don’t actually have a comfort food. It’s just that whenever I’m feeling down or in need of a comfort food I don’t feel like eating anything. I just loose my appetite.
(It’s seriously the worst.) However I love hot chocolate – it’s my ultimate comfort drink! (If there is something like that.)
8. If you could pick one book to read again for the first time what would it be?
I would love to read The Chronicles of Narnia again for the first time. This is the series that actually got me into reading and the first one that I remember reading on my own as a child. It would really be interesting reading it again without knowing anything about it. I would really be interested to see what I would think of these books now.
9. What is your most anticipated new release, it doesn’t have to be a book, for this year?
10. Tell us about one positive thing that happened to you this week.
I managed to get into the Semester Course that I wanted the most!! I was really nervous all week, as I had no idea in which one I would end up in.
(There were some that I really wasn’t interested in.) So it was AMAZING to get the news that I got into the first one on my list!
11. Do you have any holidays planned for this year, or have you already been somewhere amazing this year?
I have no holidays planned for this year, nor have I been anywhere amazing. This year just hasn’t been one for traveling, sadly that is
(as I love traveling and exploring new places). Not that it’s a big surprise or anything like that – after all, I’m only a broke university student. Sooo no traveling in the near future for me!