There are 7 challenges that you can attempt to complete. They are:
1. Read a book with blue on the cover
2. Read a book by an author who shares the same first letter of your last name
3. Read someone else’s favourite book
4. Read the last book you acquired
5. Finish a book without letting go of it
6. Read a book you really want to read
7. Read seven books
I haven’t been reading that much in July, I only finished one book. I just didn’t feel like reading anything. Thankfully I am in a reading mood again and this readalong came at the perfect time. I am very exited for it to start!
the books that I plan to reading:
- Persuasion by Jane Austen – book with blue on the cover
I have already read four other books by Jane Austen and I have enjoyed them all. I am very much looking forward to reading something else by her, especially this book as I don’t know anything about it.
- Night Watch by Terry Pratchett – a book by an author who shares the same first letter of your last name
My last name starts with a P and I am lucky that I had a unread book by Terry Pratchett on my shelf. Other than him I don’t think I own many (or any) authors with last names starting with P.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling – someone else’s favourite book and book you really want to read
This is the favourite Harry Potter book of a good friend of mine. It fits perfectly as this is the next one I have to read. I am rereading the Harry Potter series this year and I can’t wait to start this one, as it also is one of my favourites!
- A Monster calls by Patrick Ness – last book you acquired and finish a book without letting go of it
This is a rather short book which I can finish without letting go of it. Or at least I can try. I have heard that this book is rather emotional and that it’s going to make me cry. I am very exited to read it, as Patrick Ness is one of my favourite authors.
- The last challenge is to read 7 books. I don’t know if I will be able to do this but I will try at least. As for the 3 books that I need to read to complete this challenge I will choose them once the time for that comes.
To everyone who is participating good luck and have fun!