I was nominated to do this award by the amazing:
Thank you all once again! ❤ 😀 Also do check out their blogs if you haven’t yet, they are all amazing.
- Thank and link the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the seven questions the nomination has provided.
Nominate 7 other bloggers. Create seven questions for your nominees
The questions from Jess:
1. Can you read multiple books at a time? If so, how?? (I would like to learn myself, haha)
Yes I can and I tend to read multiple books at once. Well, as for how I have two methods.
- Reading books in different formats. I (usually) read one physical book, one e-book and listen to one audiobook.
- Never reading books from the same genre at one time – it makes it easier to separate the stories. (Though I don’t have problems with mixing up stories, or characters at all – for which I’m very glad.
2. Do you prefer reading indoors or outdoors?
I prefer reading indoors. When I am outside I tend to get distracted a lot easier than when I am on my own in my room. So I tend to read inside most of the time. Though I do enjoy reading outside sometimes when the weather is nice.
3. Can you listen to music while you read? If so, what do you listen to?
The only music that I can listen to while reading is the one from soundtracks, where there are no words just instruments. (Or classical music for that matter.) Words tend to distract me and I start to sing along. One of my favourite soundtracks is for Lord of the Rings.
4. What’s your favorite thing to post on your blog?
I would have to go with tags. They are just so fun to write and I love thinking about the answers for every question. I do like reviews as well and I would like to write a lot more of them in the future.
5. What is one favorite book from one of your favorite genres?
My absolute favourite genre is Fantasy. It always has been. And there so many amazing books from this genre that I love. So I decided to go with one that I have read and loved recently – The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch.
I absolutely adored this book and flew through it. I can’t wait to pick up the next book in this series soon.
6. What are you craving right now?
Ice-cream. I really want to eat ice-cream at this moment. Which might be weird since it’s quiet cold outside right now. But I’m always in the mood for ice-cream, even when it’s snowing outside.
7. In your opinion, what’s one novel that has an amazing cover?
I decided to go with The Martian by Andy Weir. I love this cover and the colours used for it. It’s just so vibrant and beautiful.
I read this book in one sitting, when I was on a long bus ride home and it was freaking amazing. So beside being beautiful it’s also an amazing book.
The questions from Alyssa:
1. What color cover do you have the most of?
I believe blue. Though I’m not entirely sure, as I don’t have all my books with me and can’t check.
2. Ship two characters from different books…Go!
I honestly can’t think of ANY! I am so bad with shipping characters from different books. Sorry for not answering this question… 😦
3. What is one book-to-movie-adaptation you are anticipating?
The first one that came to mind is Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, most likely because I just watched the trailer that my best friend sent me. We plan to go and watch it together. I’m really interested in seeing this movie, though I don’t plan to read the book.
4. What is your go-to Starbucks drink?
I honestly don’t have one. I don’t tend to go to Starbucks in the first place. And if I happen to go there, I tend to order whatever sounds best and whatever I’m in the mood for at that moment.
5. Who is your favorite Peanuts™ character??
Wow, I really haven’t seen/read the Peanuts™ in a long time.
As for my favourite character, I would have to go with Snoopy. (I just asked my mom which one was my favourite when I was a child – that’s the way I chose which one to pick.) 😀
6. Do you set specific time for reading or just read when you can?
I read whenever I can, I don’t set myself a specific time. Though I try to read every day, no matter how much or little.
7. Who is your most listened to musical artist at the moment?
That would have to be Avenged Sevenfold. I have been listening to their songs non-stop for the past few days. I’m even listening to them while writing this post.
The questions from Marian:
1. What’s your favourite book of the year so far?
I decided to go with one of my new favourite graphic novel series. It’s Chew by John Layman and Rob Guillory (Illustrator).
Warning: It’s a very dark, gruesome and sometimes disgusting series. It’s also very mature. I wouldn’t recommend it to everyone.
2. What book have you read that was out of your comfort zone?
This book is about angels, which is definitely out of my comfort zone especially as I don’t tend to like books about angels.
Sadly I didn’t like this book either. I just can’t seem to find an angel book that i like.
3. Which storylines do you like reading about the most?
Wow, this is a hard one. Especially because I can’t think of any right now. Hahaha, my brain just froze for some reason. Here are a few that I can think of right now:
- ______ is real (example: supernatural, fairy tales, mythology ect.)
- experienced main character (when he/she has already completed his/hers training before the beginning of the book – meaning they are already a kick ass character)
- stories about anti-heroes and anti-villains
I know these are tropes, but they are the only thing I could think of.
4. Hardbacks v.s. Paperbacks?
I like both. But if I had to choose I would have to go with Hardbacks. Why? Because they look amazing on my book shelves and their are sturdier, meaning less risk of me damaging them on accident.
5. The 5 books you’re most anticipating in 2016
The ones I’m most exited for are:
- This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab
- The Dark Days Club by Alison Goodman
- A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro
- The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead
- Truthwitch by Susan Dennard
6. Which character would you say you were most like?
I would probably say Hermione Granger, because she is the first one that came to mind and a few friends have said that I remind them of her. She is also an amazing character (and one of my favourites), so I am quiet happy that people think I am like her (even if it’s only a bit).
7. Harry or Ron?
I have to go with Harry for this one. He was my first fictional crush (that I can remember) so he is the obvious choice.
Also I seriously love looking up fan art for Harry Potter – there are so many freaking amazing ones!
( I have linked the tumblr page of both this image and the one in the previous question, just click on the picture – it will open in a new page. If you are interested in checking them out! )
The questions from Cherry:
1. What are you currently reading right now?
The first is The Ersatz Elevator by Lemony Snicket. And the second is Little Women by Louisa May Alcott.
So far I’m really enjoying both of them.
2. If you could live the life of any character, who would it be?
Now, if I had to choose I would probably go with Tessa Gray from The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare.
Why? I like her as a character, she lives in an amazing world and time period, plus William Herondale. ❤
It was quiet the easy decision. 😀
3. What fandoms do you belong to?
I am not really in any beside the Harry Potter fandom. I don’t know why, I am just not part of them.
4. Do you read the book first or watch the movie/show first?
I read the book first. Or at least I try to do so. There are some cases where I am not interested in reading the book but want to watch the movie. (Example: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.)
5. Have you ever written fan fiction or your own stories?
I have written my own stories before, though never fan fictions. I do want to write more, I just don’t have the time at the moment. Which is quiet sad, as I do have an idea for a story.
6. What book do you wish would be made into a tv show or movie?
It also wouldn’t be that hard to make, as it is set in a contemporary setting. Honestly I would just love to see this movie.
Also, I really recommend this book to everyone. The story and characters are simply amazing and the writing style is beautiful.
7. What is your favorite book element/trope? (i.e. strong female heroine, cliffhangers, etc)
I like strong female characters, antagonists, morally grey villains, character development, good world building (in fantasy novels especially) and so on. I wrote a few of these in an earlier question.
Thank you all for reading! I hope you have a fantastic day. 😀