I was nominated for this award by a bunch of amazing people. They are :
- Michelle @thereadingbelle,
- Heather @thesassygeek,
- Aldii @perfectioninbooks,
- Samer Tadele @bookbubblebee
- Loreva @labookdreamer.
Thank you all once more! ❤ 😀 Be sure to check out their blogs, they are all freaking amazing!
I won’t be listing the 11 facts about myself. I have already a lot of questions to answer for this award, so there really is no need for me to add these facts as well. (Let’s be real, it’s already going to be a really long post!) 😀
- Thank and follow the blog that nominated you.
Tell us 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions that were set for you to answer.
Nominate 11 bloggers and set questions for them.
Questions from Michelle:
1. What is your favorite book that has been released this year?
My favourite is definitely Library of Souls by Ransom Riggs (Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children #3).
I greatly enjoyed this book and thought that it had an amazing ending. I couldn’t wish for it to end any other way.
This whole trilogy is freaking amazing and I would highly recommend it to everyone!
2. What is your least favorite book that has been released this year?
Ummm none actually. I haven’t read that many new releases of this year. And the ones I read I really enjoyed and loved, so there really isn’t one that I can label as my least favourite.
3. What time period would you like to live in?
I would love to live in the Victorian era. It’s my best friends and mine favourite time period. So we would both be living there (or rather then) and it would be amazing! 😀
4. What is your favorite season?
I have two favourite seasons:
- Spring – because I love seeing all the flowers blossom and the colours come back. Also my birthday is in May, so it may be partly influenced by that.
- Autumn – I love the fact that the weather gets cooler and that it starts raining more. Another thing I love is the changing of the leaf colours.
5. Do you prefer Ebooks or physical books?
I prefer physical books. I just love flipping the pages and holding the book in my hands.
6. If you were a matchmaker, what two characters from different books would you pair?
I just talked about this with a friend. We both came to the conclusion that Alexia Tarabotti (from Soulless) and Mark Watney (from The Martian) would make a great couple. It seems a bit weird, as they both come from very different times but we both think that they would be amazing together.
7. Who is your favorite author?
I would have to say J.K. Rowling. I have read nearly everything by her (aside from The Casual Vacancy) and I have loved every single one of her books. I’ll buy anything that she writes.
8. What classic book do you like?
I like many classics. But this time I decided to go with a Christmas themed one, as it is that season.
A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens is a book that I read last year on Christmas and it was absolutely beautiful. I already knew the story, as I had seen some of the movie adaptations but it still impressed me and made me fall in love with the story even more.
I would highly recommend it! 😀
9. If you had to chose a dystopian society to live in, which one will it be?
Preferably none, as they all tend to be horrible.
But since I have to choose I would go with the society of Legend by Marie Lu. Honestly I have no idea why, I just have a feeling this is one where I might even survive. And that alone is something I can’t say about many of other dystopian societies.
I also would like to explore the world of Legend, with that I mean travel around.
10. What television show are you currently watching?
Currently I am watching (or rather re-watching) Criminal Minds. I am all caught up with the show. I can’t wait for the next episode of season 11 to come out! ❤ Until then I’m re-watching random episodes.
11. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I wanted to keep track on my opinions on books that I read. Another reason is because I wanted to connect to people who love reading as much as I do. And I wanted to improve my English, as it isn’t my first language.
Questions from Heather:
1. If you could travel back in time, what time period would you travel to?
I would love to explore an ancient civilization. It can be either the Ancient Rome, Greece or Egypt. Though I wouldn’t want to live in any of these time periods I would love to explore them for a bit!
2. What is your favorite book genre and why?
My favourite genre is Fantasy, it always has been. As to why, that is rather difficult for me to put in words – but I shall try. I love exploring the worlds that authors create in these books, I love the epic quests and fights, I love reading about the characters. I simply love everything about it.
3. If you were stranded on a desert island and could bring one book with you, which book would you bring?
I’m aware that this story is usually treated as three books. But Tolkien himself intended it to be only one (extremely long) book.
So I’m counting as that as well and taking it with me on a desert island. Although I would probably go crazy if I had to reread one book all the time (no matter what book that may be).
4. What’s the worst book you’ve ever read and why was it so bad?
The worst book that I have ever read would have to be Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe.
I had to read this book for school – which already made me dislike it, especially as I wasn’t fond of reading classics at that point in my life.
Then there is the actual story of this book. I couldn’t deal with it, I was bored throughout the whole book and I think I fell asleep quiet a few times. I hated the main character and I didn’t see the point of this book. That’s enough, I don’t want to rant about it anymore.
5. Do you read hardcover/paperback copies of books or do you use an eReader and why do you prefer them?
I actually read in all three forms. I mostly read physical books, though this year I have started reading more ebook than I used to in the past. I have also started listening to audio books.
I don’t care what form it is as long as I can enjoy the story! 😀
6. What’s your favorite type of music and your favorite artist in that genre?
I listen to all kinds of different genres and it’s really hard for me to pick out a favourite one. If I had to choose one I would go with rock (all different kinds of sub-genres). A band that I have been listening to lately in that genre is Fall Out Boy. I absolutely adore them! ❤
7. If you could travel to any fictional place in a book where would you want to go?
I would love to travel to Rivendell from The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien. It’s simply described as the most wonderful place and I would love to see it. I would also love to see the elves and their way of life.
8.What Hogwarts House were you sorted into (on Pottermore)? If you don’t know then which one do you think you’d be in?
I was sorted into Slytherin.
9. If you could meet one author who would it be?
Again going with the obvious one – J.K. Rowling. I don’t think I need to explain myself about this decision at all.
10. If you had the chance to wipe your memory and reread a book series, which series would you want to re-experience?
Hmmm… This is a rather hard question. I am mostly scared of naming some of my favourite books/series as I’m afraid that I won’t like them as much as I do now.
I decided to go with The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. This one was one of the first young-adult books that I read and I would love to see if I would like it as much as I did the first time I read it.
11. What is your biggest, bookish pet peeve?
I can’t think of the biggest one right now. But one that annoys me greatly is when people spill something on my books (food, drinks). Trust me, it has happened a lot. And I don’t mean with only my books but also with textbooks and notebooks.
Questions from Loreva:
1. Which book sparked your interest in reading?
That would have to be The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis.
I remember my mom reading me this book, and the whole series, when I was younger. It was out tradition to read them together every once in a while.
Then when we went on a summer holiday I read them on my own for the first time and fell in love with reading.
2. What TV show are you currently watching?
I already answered this question in this post. (Michelle’s question number 10.) So I am not going to elaborate anything here, I’ll only say that it’s Criminal Minds.
3. What is your favorite type of chocolate?
I love white chocolate the most for some reason. I have no idea why, it’s been my favourite for a long time.
4. Have you ever met a YA author?
Sadly, no. I have never met an author in general.
5. What is your favourite cuisine?
I would have to go with Italian cuisine. It’s definitely my favourite! ❤ Also now I’m getting hungry, which is not good as it’s quiet late…
6. How tall are you?
I am around 187 cm tall.
7. What to love about festivals and traditions?
I’m not much of a festival person. I get anxious when I’m in a crowd of people and that makes me not enjoy myself (obviously). As for traditions, I love all the random little traditions that I have with my best friend.
8. Who is your fictional boyfriend?
As always I’m answering this question with William Herondale. ❤ (From the Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare.)
He is one of my favourite characters and also the first character that comes to mind when someone asks me about my fictional crush/boyfriend.
Who is your fictional boyfriend/girlfriend? I’m really interested in hearing that. 😀
9. What did you read last?
I’m really happy to have read this book, and the whole series. They were so much fun!
I am sad that I couldn’t read them when I was younger (they weren’t translated into my first language and I had no access/knowledge of English), as it was an amazing experience.
10. When was the last time you had a pillow fight?
Quiet a few years ago actually. I don’t remember the exact number of years but I would put it around 4 or 5 years ago.
11. Would you rather only do tag posts or review posts?
Tag posts. They are a lot of fun, I love thinking about the questions and I can write about many random things. I already write more tag posts, so it was a really easy decision for me!
Questions from Samer Tadele:
1. What’s your favorite season and why?
I already answered this question (Michelle’s question number 4), but it’s spring and autumn.
2. Which Disney Princess is your favorite?
My favourite is Belle from Beauty and the Beast, she has always been – ever since I was a little girl.
3. What’s your favorite Disney movie?
I would have to go with Beauty and the Beast as my absolute favourite. Some of my other favourites are: Mulan, Hercules and Tangled.
4. What was your favorite vacation that you took?
My absolute favourite was my trip to London two years ago. It was beautiful and amazing! I have already mentioned this a few times already.
5. What did you want to be when you grew up as a little child?
I wanted to be a doctor for some reason for the longest time.
6. What’s your favorite movie and why?
One of my favourite movies ever is The Grand Budapest Hotel. I absolutely adored this movie! The first time I ever watched this movie I saw it with my best friend, and we wanted to watch it again as soon as we finished it. That means it was really an amazing movie!
7. What was the best advice that was given to you?
The best advice was that I shouldn’t think or care about what other people think about me. I should just be myself and not try to be someone else for other people.
8. Who do you look up to as a role model?
I don’t really have a specific role model. But a person that I admire greatly and that comes the closest to being my role model is Emma Watson.
9. What’s the #1 thing on your Christmas list?
I don’t really make a Christmas wishlist. I tend to ask my parents for one specific present and then they buy me some other random presents that they think I will like.
The only thing that I asked my parents to get me this year is the illustrated edition of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by J.K. Rowling.
I can’t wait to get my hands on this book! 😀
10. What is your favorite genre of music?
I have already answered this question in this post, (Heather’s question number 6) my favourite genre is rock music.
11. What motivates you in the toughest of times?
I don’t really know. I try to think of all the positive things and try to make everything all right as much as it is possible.
Question from Aldii:
1. What were you doing an hour ago?
Eating breakfast with my dad! 😀
2. Fav song?
This changes all the time. I don’t have one favourite song of all time or anything like that. The song that I have been obsessed with lately is Immortals by Fall Out Boy.
3. Fav movie?
There are many that I consider my favourites for many different reasons. Some of them are: The Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Grand Budapest Hotel and quiet a few more.
4. Fav TV Show?
My favourite one of all time is Criminal Minds, but I have already mentioned it many times. So now I shall mention another favourite and that is Sherlock. I adore the books by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and I adore this adaptation. I can’t wait for more episodes to come out! ❤
5. Something you would recommend to everyone (it can be whatever you prefer, sports, music, books, movies, tv shows, features in a blog, etc, etc, etc)
I would recommend some music that I love to listen to while I’m reading. The artist is Nox Arcana and they make (usually) instrumental music that tends to be quiet creepy. I really love them!
6. Fav evil character?
Well “evil” is a relative term. I, obviously, chose Loki. 😀
7. What would you prefer to be: Superhero or villain?
Well personally I would love to be a Villain. Not quiet sure what that says about me, but oh well. 😀
8. Do you have any signed book?
No I don’t. As I already mentioned somewhere in this post I have never met an author meaning I also never went to a signing. I do however have a signed book plate by the wonderful Victoria Schwab.
9. If you could meet one actor/actress, who would she/him be?
I would love to meet Johnny Depp, he has been my favourite actor for the longest time. (I really love this gif for some reason.) ❤
10. Recommend a book!
I absolutely adored Soulless! It was such a fantastic book and it made me want read everything that Gail Carriger has ever written. Yes, it was that good.
The best part of this book, at least in my opinion, are the characters. They are all great and I fell in love with them in this first book. I especially love the main female character Alexa, she is the best.
11. What you do think you might be doing in an hour?
I’m going to go and meet up with my best friend. And we shall be spending time together, getting coffee and just hanging out. ❤ I seriously can’t wait, especially as we haven’t seen each other in a few months (as we live in different states). It’s going to be amazing! 😀
This was a really long post. 😀 I hope you enjoyed reading it, I certainly enjoyed writing all the answers and finding these images.
Thank you for reading! I hope you have a fantastic day.