I was tagged by the lovely Heather @thesassygeek to do this tag. Thank you once more! ❤ 😀 Everybody should go and check out her blog, she is amazing!
1. You have to get rid of all your books and you can only keep one from each of these genres – contemporary, fantasy, non-fiction and one other genre of your choosing. What books do you keep?
- For contemporary: Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz.
- For non-fiction: On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft by Stephen King. This is the only non-fiction book that I actually own, so it was a rather easy decision! 😀
- For fantasy: The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch. This was a hard decision, as I have many fantasy books that I absolutely adore! Sadly I could only pick one.
- For a genre of my choice (which is from my favourites, which is technically not a genre but we will go with it): Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling.
2. You’re at the bookstore and you hear a teenager telling their mom they don’t like to read, but their mom insists they pick something. You walk over and recommend a book you think is great for people who aren’t big on reading – what book is it?
This is one of my favourite books ever and the first one that came to mind when I read this question. ❤
It’s quiet an easy and fast read, there is always something happening that just makes you want to continue reading it. It read just like a movie and I have a feeling a lot of people who don’t usually like reading would enjoy this book.
3. You’re not feeling yourself and need a pick me up. Which book do you read to put yourself in a great mood?
Any book from the Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan is a great pick me up book! (Also the ones from the Heroes of Olympus.)
They just make me laugh and make me happy, which always helps on a bed day!
4. You go back in time for a day to your child-hood years. What book would you most likely have caught yourself reading?
It would probably be one of the Chronicles of Narnia books. They are the ones I read the most when I was little. Also probably some other random children book that I can’t remember right now. 😀
5. Your friend surprises you with a 4 day trip and you have 1 hour to pack. Which book do you bring to read on the way?
But since the question is asking me about ONE book that I would bring with me I decided to choose A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin.
It’s the next one in the series that I have to read and it’s pretty long, meaning I won’t go out of reading material.
6. Your house has been robbed! Don’t worry – everyone is safe, but your bookshelf has been raided. What’s the book you really hope is safe?
My Harry Potter box set or my first edition of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (obviously by the wonderful J.K. Rowling). As it is the only first edition of these books that I own.
7. Your friend borrows a book and returns it in awful condition. Do you a) Just pretend you haven’t noticed b) Ask them to repurchase it or c) Secretly do the same to something of theirs?
Well I don’t lend books out in the first place to anyone beside my best friend. And I know that she will “keep the safe” as I would, so I wouldn’t get in a situation like that.
But if it, for some miraculous, reason did happen I would only say that what they did wasn’t okay and I would never lend them books again. Simple as that.
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a fantastic day!