- Thank the giver and link their blog to your post.
- Answer the 3 original questions and then the 3 new questions from your nominator given to you.
Nominate your 6 favorite bloggers! In your nominees, I would like for you to think of the light emanating from the stars, the ones that truly touch your soul with their work. The ones that are the light for you; a true STARLIGHT Blogger. Please pass the award on to 6 or more other Bloggers of your choice and let them know that they have been nominated by you.
- Include the logo of the award in a post or on your Blog, please never alter the logo, never change the 3 original questions. Answer that first, then answer the 3 new questions from your nominator, and never change the Award rules.
- Please don’t delete this note: The design for the STARLIGHT Bloggers Award has been created from YesterdayAfter. It is a Copyright image, you cannot alter or change it in any way just pass it to others that deserve this award. Copyright 2015 © YesterdayAfter.com – Design by Carolina Russo
The Original Questions:
1. If you could meet anyone from throughout history, who and why?
Definitely Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. He wrote some of my favouirte books ever and I would love to meet him and talked to him about his books and some other random things.
Another choice would have been either J. R. R. Tolkien or Jane Austen. I definitely can see a patter of the people who I want to meet. 😀 I guess I would love meeting authors from different time periods and talking to them about books and their life experiences.
2. What is your favourite book and why?
I have no idea how to answer this question. I have many and I can’t possibly pick only one. It’s impossible. But I will mention my obvious favourite and the one I have reread the most – Harry Potter. Not that that is surprising or anything.
3. Who is your favourite fiction character from any medium and why?
Sigh. Again with the impossible questions. Again I can’t choose just one favourite. Buuut I will mention one character that I really love, as I do want to answer all the questions. (Also I don’t think I mentioned that I absolutely LOVE The Book Thief ❤ , I’m not sure.) The character is Liesel Meminger from The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. I really enjoyed reading about her and I obviously approve of her love of books. 😉
1. Do you prefer series or standalone novels?
I prefer series. My favourite genre is fantasy and most fantasy books are a part of a series. I love spending a lot of time in the same world with the same characters. 🙂
2. If you could live in any fictional world, which one would it be and why?
Without thinking I pick the Harry Potter world. Obviously. Ever since I was little I wanted to be part of this world and that hasn’t changed since. I don’t think I need to explain to much about this one, as other lovers of this series understand my feelings. ❤
3. What book or series would you recommend to someone who says they don’t like to read, and why would you choose that book or series?
For series I would recommend the Legend trilogy by Marie Lu. And for the standalone I would recommend Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. I would recommend them for the same reason – they are very fast paced and feel as if you are watching a movie. For someone who doesn’t like to read that would be perfect. 😀
1. What is your favorite read of 2015 so far?
Anyway the one I would have to go with Animal Farm by George Orwell. This is one of the best and thought-provoking books that I have ever read and I would highly recommend it to everyone.
If you would like to see more of my favourite read of 2015 you can check out the end of the year survey that I did here! 😀
2. What is your most anticipated book release for 2016?
Here’s the summary from GoodReads:
The city of Verity has been overrun with monsters, born from the worst of human evil. In North Verity, the Corsai and the Malchai run free. Under the rule of Callum Harker, the monsters kill any human who has not paid for protection. In the South, Henry Flynn hunts the monsters who cross the border into his territory, aided by the most dangerous and darkest monsters of them all—the Sunai, dark creatures who use music to steal their victim’s souls.
As one of only three Sunai in existence, August Flynn has always wanted to play a bigger role in the war between the north and the south. When the chance arises to keep an eye on Kate Harker, daughter of the leader of North Verity, August jumps on it.
When Kate discovers August’s secret, the pair find themselves running for their lives and battling monsters from both sides of the wall. As the city dissolves into chaos, it’s up to them to foster a peace between monsters and humans.
A unique, fast-paced adventure that looks at the monsters we face every day—including the monster within.
3. If you were stranded on a desert island and were allowed to bring three books with you, which would you choose?
Wow, this is another hard one. Well I guess I would choose The Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien ( which he intended to be one book, so I’m counting it 😉 ), The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern and Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling ( and I’m cheating here and saying the whole series 😛 ).
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a fantastic day!