1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
I read whatever I am in the mood to read. There really is no system that I have for picking my next read. I just choose the book that appeals the most to me at that moment.
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?
Usually I will finish it. I’ll most likely skim a bit until I come to the more interesting part, but I will be finishing it. BUT if I’m absolutely hating it, there is no way I’m going to force myself to continue.
3. The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
Yes I do. I really want to complete the challenge so I shall try and catch up. How? Well, by reading shorter books, novellas or graphic novels. 😀
4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?
I would be really disappointed at first, or rather mostly annoyed. But I would get over it after a while and just let them be what they are. There is, after all, nothing I can do about it.
5. Every one and their mother loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
I can probably find someone online who shares my opinion. So most likely with them. Otherwise with my best friend, as we do talk about everything – meaning also the books we like and dislike. Also we have similar taste in books, so we both may dislike the same books.
6. You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
I stop reading the book and wait until I’m home, so that I can cry freely. Or I try my best not to cry and continue reading it, though that is easier said than done.
7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!?!?!
I usually look up reviews with spoilers, or summaries of the book (with spoilers, of course), or watch some book talks/discussions on YouTube. They help me a lot. If I do have the time I will reread the first book before moving on to the sequel. Sadly most of the time this is not the case.
8. Reading ADD. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
I honestly have no idea. I don’t have reading slumps. I either want to read or don’t want to. If I want to, I obviously read whatever I feel like. If I don’t want to read (which is rare) I either watch a ton of anime or catch up to some tv shows. I even read some manga, as they don’t demand as much time as books.
9. There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
Well, as I am currently on a book buying ban – none of them. 😀 Usually though, as many as I can afford at that moment.
10. After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
It depends. I can read it immediately or it can sit on my shelf for months. It all depends on my mood and what I want to read at the moment.
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day!