I was tagged by my amazing friend Heather @TheSassyBookGeek to do this tag. Thank you once more! ❤ 🙂 Be sure to check out her blog, she is absolutely wonderful and her blog is amazing as well!
Disclaimer: I totally rambled and answered some questions unnecessarily long. Sorry about that! XD
1. Have you ever damaged a book?
Sadly…YES. But I have
only done it three times in total. Yes, three times. And all of them were accidents. How did I damage them?
- One of them was a library book and it was very OLD and not in the best condition to begin with. So when I was reading it – it LITERARY fell apart in my hands. Sigh, so then I had to try and fix that, as I had to return it as well. Somehow I did manage to do that and no one noticed a thing!
- Once I spilled a whole cup of coffee on a book. Don’t worry – this time it was my own book. Also YES, I’m very clumsy from time to time. And this time when I was I destroyed a book (well…not really destroyed, more like damaged…). Apparently I’m not allowed to drink coffee and read books at the same time.
- And the final one was my own as well. I was hurrying home from school, as it was raining and I had something important to do at home, so I had to run. Me being the clumsy person that I am (as we have established), tripped over my own feet and fell down. (No, I didn’t hurt myself at all.) The book that I was currently reading managed to fall out of my beg, which was closed, and it landed in a big puddle. Sigh, you can guess how it looked afterwards.
Well, those were the three times it happened to me. Hopefully it will stay at that number as well.
2. Have you ever damaged a borrowed book?
Ups, I already answered this one in the previous question. So I’m going to give a short answer here: YES, I did damage a library book once. And NO, I never damaged a friends
(or relatives) book that I borrowed.
3. How long does it take you to read a book?
It depends on how long the book is, if I’m in the mood to read and how interested
(obsessed) I am in the story that I’m reading. Sooo here are some examples:
- It takes me AGES (and with that I mean two months) to finish one book from the A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R. R. Martin. First of all his books are huge (and the font tiny in the editions that I won). So despite the fact that I love reading those books, I don’t have the motivation to actually pick them up. I just feel as if I’m reading for hours and not really making any progress.
- Sometimes when I’m obsessed with a book I’ll finish it in one day. Or multiple books for that matter
(if they aren’t too long). I read the first four books of the Percy Jackson and the Olympian books by Rick Riordan in one day. The same happened with the first three Harry Potter books as well. Plus there are a TON of books I finished in one day.
- Sometimes I want to prolong the experience of a book, so I’ll spread my reading out throughout a few days. This happened with The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern, I just didn’t want for it to end.
- Most of the time it takes me from 3 to 5 days to finish one book.
Wow. That was an unnecessarily long answer. Well, it’s what it is.
4. Books that you haven’t finished?
I don’t actually have any. Or rather I don’t remember any. There is probably one or two that I didn’t finish. But for the love of everything there is on way for me to remember them, especially since I tend to suppress those books. I just don’t like not finishing books in general. If I’m not enjoying the book I’ll skim read it.
5. Hyped/ Popular books you didn’t like?
6. Is there a book you wouldn’t tell anyone you were reading?
Not really. I’m not ashamed of what I’m reading…like ever. I don’t care if everyone knows what I’m reading. Sooo I wouldn’t mind sharing everything that I’m reading, even if someone out there would consider some of them “embarrassing” or something like that.
7. How many books do you own?
Over 240, definitely. How much exactly? I have NO IDEA! And I can’t even count them. Around 30% of my books are at my parents house (where I’m currently) and the other 70% are in my dorm room in Austria. So I’m not really able to count all of them. (Also, I’m not counting my eBooks in these percentages as they are always with me.)
8. Are you a fast reader or a slow reader?
I’m somewhere in the middle. I’m just an average reader.
(Yaaaay, a short answer for a change!)
9. Do you like to buddy read?
YES! YES! YES! I love reading books with friends! And then being able to talk about the books we are reading is absolutely amazing. I have done a few buddy reads so far, but NOT NEARLY enough! I definitely NEED to do more of them, hopefully I’ll be doing some in the future!
10. Do you read better in your head or out loud?
In my head. The only time I read out loud is when I’m reading poetry or a play. I can just concentrate better that way, as my thoughts wander less. Of course, if there is some funny dialog or a particularly interesting one – I’ll read it out loud as well.
(I just felt like using this gif.)
11. If you were only allowed to own one book, what would it be and why?
If I can count the Harry Potter books as one, I’m choosing them. For many obvious reasons. (Though I’m sure that I can’t chose them, I just wanted to mention Harry Potter at least once in this post, as I haven’t done it yet.)
I would go with Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo.
It’s one of my all time favourite books. And I’m currently OBSESSED with it, which might be the biggest reason for that choice. Plus the hardcover edition is absolutely gorgeous. And it’s also the most beautiful book that I own.
So if I could only keep one of my books it would be this one. (It’s good that the question wasn’t: “if I was only allowed to read one book” – because that wouldn’t be possible to answer.)
- Aralyn @PaperAddictionsAndMagic
- Melissa @BookNerdMomo
- Beth @ReadingEveryNight
- Ariana @TheQuirkyBookNerd
- Bianca @TheUltimateFangirl
As always, if you have already been tagged or don’t want to do this tag – feel free to ignore me! 🙂
Thank you all sooo much for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day!