Top Five Wednesday is a weekly meme created by Lainey @GingerReadsLainey and she has passed down the torch to Sam @ThoughtsOnTomes. For more information and for future topics you can check out the goodreads group.
This week the theme is centred around the best books to bring you out of a reading slump. For that I have decided to pick fast paced and captivating books that I just couldn’t put down.
(So be prepared for me to mention that a lot during this post.) And that could potentially get you out of a reading slump!
I say potential because when I’m in a reading slump no book can get me out – I just need to take some time away from reading and do other things. But anyway, I will recommend some books I think could help with reading slumps.
(Even if it doesn’t really apply to me.)
- Where Things Come Back is contemporary story that has a very engrossing mystery. I read this book in one sitting, I just needed to know what was going to happen and I wanted to know the solution to the mystery as well. This book did not disappoint me, it was really amazing!
- The Ocean at the End of the Lane is a rather short book, but very captivating non the less. This is another book that I read in one sitting. I just couldn’t get enough of the world and Neil Gaiman’s writing. This is a magical realism book, so it was very fun seeing magical elements being incorporated into the real world.
- Six of Crows is one of my all time favourite books and one I read fairly recently. The story was amazing, with many twists and turns where you just wanted to continue reading and never putting the book down! Plus the characters are amazing and I loved every single one of them!
(The main six ones I mean.)
- Vicious is one of my all time favourite books. I was captivated by the story and the characters from page one and I couldn’t put this book down.
(Which seems to be the theme this week.)This is a book I would definitely recommend everyone to read!
- Ready Player One is my go-to recommendation when it comes to fast paced and engrossing books. I was simply fascinated by everything that was happening and I couldn’t stop reading it. I read it in one day, it was just that good.