First of all: HOW IS IT ALREADY APRIL?!
I swear this year just started and somehow we are already in the fourth month. I have nooo idea how time flies by so fast! A good thing that it’s April: the spring weather is finally here and I’m LIVING for it!! Spring is my favourites season, so I’m very glad that it has come around.
How was my life in March? Honestly not much happened, well aside from classes starting again. So I spent time in classes and I also met up with my university friends.
Now I shall explain the title of this post for you. YES, I’m finally out of my reading slump!! (Though I don’t think I even mentioned it on my blog, so I’m unsure if you even know I was in one.) From the end of February till the weekend before this one
(25. and 26. March) I wasn’t reading anything. I just couldn’t concentrate on ANY book and I just didn’t want to read. And I didn’t read anything, which I found incredibly frustrating. THEN that weekend I suddenly felt like reading and till the end of the month I finished 3 books. (In 7 days I read 3 books – which is a rather big achievement for me, as I haven’t been reading that much this year.) I’m beyond exited that I’m in a reading mood again and I sincerely hope that it will continue!
I have realised three things while writing this post:
- I have started writing these posts at the beginning of the following month and not at the end of the talked about month. Surprisingly it’s not bothering me.
- I have done A TON of tags and awards this month.
- I seriously need to make some graphics for these wrap up posts. And yes, I was too lazy to do it for this one – but hopefully I will make them for the next one!
Okay. I have seriously rambled enough. Sorry about that! Now, let’s finally get into the three books that I read this month!
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
5 out of 5 stars
Pride and Prejudice is one of my all time favourite books! And this was obviously a reread for me, I believe that this is the third time that I have read this book.
(Just a random fact that I thought I would mention.)
It was simply amazing getting to read this story again. I just love the way it’s written and it was just what I needed to get me out of the slump I was in – rereading an old favourite. It was also wonderful to read about Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy again, as you may know they are my all time favourite book couple. All in all I’m really happy that I decided to reread this book when I did. Plus now I finally own a physical copy of this book and I’m very exited about that!
Miss Treadway & the Field of Stars by Miranda Emmerson
2.5 out of 5 stars
Well, this book and I did not get along that much. I really enjoyed it in the beginning, but as the story continued I got more and more bored. And by the end I just stopped caring about everything. I plan on posting a full review for this one some time soon, so look forward to that if you want to know more of my thoughts!
Out Endless Numbered Days by Claire Fuller
3.5 out of 5 stars
This was such an interesting book and unlike anything that I have read before. The whole premise of the book sounded both fascinating and horrifying. And ever since I found out about this book I knew I had to read it, as I was VERY interested to see what was going to happen and how.
And while this book was interesting and unique it was also very boring for most of the middle part. The beginning and ending were definitely my favourite, but the middle of the book just dragged on and I got bored of it rather fast. I didn’t particularly care for any of the characters either. There were many things that I didn’t see coming and I enjoyed that a lot as well.
- Sunshine Blogger Award [#2]
- The Versatile Blogger Award [#3]
- Ruler Of Books Tag
- Kiss me, I’m Irish
- The Jungle Book Tag
- Three Days, Three Quotes | Day 1
- Three Days, Three Quotes | Day 2
- Three Days, Three Quotes | Day 3
- Standalone Sunday: ‘Salem’s Lot
- Standalone Sunday: The Graveyard Book
- Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Read In One Sitting