I was nominated by quiet a few wonderful bloggers for this award! Thank you all sooo much once more! ❤ 🙂 Be sure to check out all their blogs!
- Gel @Books y Gel
- Calliope @Calliope The Book Goddess
- Lila @The Bookkeeper’s Secrets
- Jessica @The Awkward Book Blogger
- Carrianne @Carrianne’s Cuppa & Critiques
I’m also very sorry that it’s taken me this long to answer all of your questions! I’m seriously the worst when it comes to keeping up with tags and awards. But better late than never, right? 😉
(Well, I hope you see it that way as well!)
- Create a post to accept your award.
- Add the blog award button into your post
and put it on the side of your blog as a widget. Visit Fangirling for the award button.
- Answer the questions I have below.
Nominate between 5-10 book bloggers who you think also deserve this award. Come up with your own 5 questions for your nominees.
Questions from Gel:
1. If you could create a fan club on one of your most loved fictional book character, who would he/she be?
I would definitely pick Luna Lovegood! She is my favourite female character from the Harry Potter series, so creating a fan club for her seems only logical. Plus I know many people who love her as well, so finding members won’t be a problem either!
2. What is your most favorite book series?
That would have to be the Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling. I know this is not a new or exiting answer, but it’s simply my ALL TIME favourite series. It’s the only one that I have reread over 10 times. I think I read it for the first time nearly 10 years ago and I’m still obsessed with it. I don’t think there is a series that could fit this question better.
3. If you could stay for a month at some fictional place in a book, where would you go? Tell us how you would plan your adventure!
I would definitely go to Middle Earth, specifically to Rivendell. I would spend all my time with the Elves and exploring the world surrounding their home. Rivendell is one of the most beautiful places that I have ever seen so I wouldn’t even mind staying there the whole month and just getting to know it, the Elves and their culture more.
4. If you could ask one question to one of your least favorite book fictional character, who and what would you ask?
One of my least favourite characters is Severus Snape from the Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling. I seriously dislike him and I have a lot of questions I would want to ask him.
(I mean A LOT of questions.) But I don’t really want to mention any specific question, because that would spoil the books (literary all my questions are spoiler-y).
5. What book kept you up all night just to read?
Questions from Calliope:
1. What is your favorite color and which book is just that shade?
Well…my favourite colour is black. And The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings books by J. R. R. Tolkien are just the right shade.
(If there can be a right shade of black.) I love all the covers of these books, plus the color is amazing. 😉
2. What book character would you want as an older sibling?
I’m cheating and picking two characters. I would love to have Fred and George Weasley as my older brothers. They are simply amazing and some of my favourite characters from Harry Potter! I love them! Though I don’t think I need to explain why I would love to have them as older brothers? I think not, everyone knows how amazing they are. 😉
3. On average, how many books do you buy a month?
I’m currently on a type of book buying ban. I have to read 5 books before buying new ones.
(And I’m staying on this ban until my TBR is under 10 books.) For read I’m counting books I own, review books and ARCs as well. And I CAN buy books that I plan to buddy read with someone. So how many books I buy a month depends on how many I read, which is actually not a lot. (As I haven’t been reading that much this year.) I would say one or two books per month at the maximum.
4. Do you keep the dust jacket on hardcover books when you read them?
No, I take the dust jacket off. It just bothers me while I’m reading, as it’s sliding all over the place. Plus I’m afraid that I’ll accidentally rip it, which I would hate to do. So it’s safest and easiest to just take it off and that’s exactly what I do!
5. Can you read when it’s loud and noisy around you?
Yes, I can. It takes me longer to read one page, as I can’t concentrate as well as I do when it’s silent. BUT I’m still able to read, I don’t mind the noise around me that much. I think that’s because I got used to it. While at school, during lunch break, I used to read a lot and it was very noisy – so over time I just got used to it and I can ignore the noise quiet easily.
Questions from Lila:
1. If you could dye your hair any color, which color would you choose?
I would love to have any of these light colours! They are all sooo beautiful. Sadly I have naturally dark hair which means I would have to bleach it. Plus my hair grows rather fast, so I would have to do it often. First of all that’s very bad for my hair and second, I couldn’t be bothered to work that hard to maintain it. But I can still dream, I guess.
(I’ll just have to get myself wigs, if I want to have such light hair.)
2. What’s your favorite season and why?
I love spring the most. I just adore that all the colour seems to return and the flowers beginn to bloom. It gets warmer as well, which is amazing. (I don’t like the heat from the summer, but I do enjoy the warmer weather of spring.) Plus my birthday is during spring as well, which makes it even more amazing in my eyes.
3. Who are three of your favorite characters, what Hogwarts house do you think they would be in, and why?
I decided to pick three characters from the Shades of Magic series by Victoria Schwab (as this is a book I recently finished and is the freshest in my mind).
- Lila is obviously in Slytherin.
- Kell would probably be in Hufflepuff.
- Holland would be in Ravenclaw.
Or that’s what I think at least! Do let me know if you think the same, or if you think they would fit better some of the other houses!
4. What’s a song that makes you just wanna dance?
This is such an interesting question, I don’t think anyone has asked me this before! 😀
- Centuries by Fall Out Boy
- Victorious by Panic! At The Disco
These are just the first two songs that came to my mind. There are many more out there that make me want to dance, but that’s probably because I love dancing and can do it to basically any song in any genre.
5. What’s one of your quirkiest traits?
Ummm…I eat m&ms or skittles or gummy-candy by color. Okay, that’s probably not my quirkiest trait but it’s the first that came to my mind, so I’m sticking with it!
(Plus I can’t really think of anything else at the moment.)
Questions from Jessica:
1. If you could take the place of a protagonist in any story, which story would you choose and why? (Harry Potter isn’t allowed as an answer.)
I would like to take the place of Sophie from Howl’s Movie Castle by Diana Wynne Jones. I just re-watched the movie, so the story is really fresh in my mind. Sophie, while not living the happiest of lives, doesn’t have it that bad either. The world she lives in isn’t life-threatening dangerous, but it still has amazing magic. I have a feeling I could survive in her world and live happily while being surrounded by magic. What more could I ask for?
2. What is the next book on your TBR list?
I don’t do TBR lists because I know I won’t stick to them. Whenever I put a book on a TBR list I immediately don’t want to read it anymore. I’m going to be reading next whatever I feel like once I finish the book that I am reading at the moment.
3. What book or series do you think is over-hyped?
4. What book or series do you think is under-hyped and deserves more readers?
5. If there is any world you could visit (fictional included), where would you visit and what would be the first thing you would do when you arrive?
I would visit the world of Eragon by Christopher Paolini. And the first thing I would do is find dragons
(and someone who can communicate with them) and ask for a ride or just interact with them, as they are very sentient in this world and can talk to certain people. I adore dragons, they are my favourite mythical creature and I would love to get to talk to one of them! ❤
Questions from Carrianne:
1. If you could steal a character’s clothes, whose would you steal?
I think I would steal Isabelle Lightwood’s clothes. They just seem like something I would love to wear myself. Plus she wears a lot of black, which is my favourite colour and the one I love wearing the most. So stealing her clothes seems only logical!
2. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, which one would you choose?
I would have to choose The Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien. He intended for this story to be one book, so I’m thinking of it as one book. This book is freaking huge and it takes me a long time to read it – so it’s perfect for this question, as I don’t think I would easily get bored of it. Plus I do love The Lord of the Rings a lot, so there is that as well.
3. What trope would you like to see more in books?
I would love to see a lot more of healthy protagonist-parent or protagonist-sibling relationship in fantasy, especially YA. I don’t think they get explored enough, in most of the books that I read they are completely absent for one reason or another. It would really be amazing to see some good representation of healthy family relationships.
4. Favourite bookish loot? If you don’t have any, then favourite book cover?
Sadly I don’t have any bookish loot…So I decided to pick one of my all time favourite book covers. It’s for Perfume: The Story of a Murderer by Patrick Süskind. I adore everything about this cover! It’s beautifully designed, the colours are amazing and it represents the story wonderfully. If I had to pick one, I would say this is my all time favourite cover.
5. Which scene would you like to be apart of and in what book?
I would love to be apart of the coronation scene in The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe by C. S. Lewis. That’s a very iconic scene that reminds me of my childhood and my reading of The Chronicles of Narnia
(the series that got me into reading). It would simply be wonderful to be apart of it!