I was tagged by the amazing Melissa @Book Nerd Momo to do this tag. Thank you once more! ❤ 😀 Be sure to check out her blog!
1. Totally Should’ve Gotten A Sequel
Okay. Lets be clear about something: The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury was simply fantastic as a standalone. The story wrapped up beautifully and I loved how everything turned out to be. BUT I just need more Zahra and Aladdin in my life! I just want to read more about them and their adventures. I would love for even a novella, if not a whole book.
(Oh, you should definitely read this book if you haven’t yet!)
2. Totally Should’ve Gotten A Spin-Off Series
WARNING: I’m totally going to ramble about Harry Potter for a bit.
There are sooo many spin-off series that I want from the Harry Potter series!
(Like a lot of other people, probably.) I think I just want more and more from this world. Here are some spin-off series/books that I would love to have:
- The Marauders Era – I would love to read about their adventures and how they all met. I would especially LOVE those books to be from Sirius’ point of view, as I would love to see the relationships and politics in a pure blood family.
(Plus, he is one of my favourite characters so there is that as well.)
- The Founders Era – I think the establishing of Hogwarts would be such an interesting story! After all, we have heard about the four Founders, but wouldn’t it be amazing to read about their adventures and lives?
- Voldemort’s time at Hogwarts – I’m fascinated by teenage Voldemort
(have always been)and how he established his following. It would really be interesting to read about, his backstory always intrigued me. Plus it would be fascinating to read from his point of view (both when he was sane and later as well).
- Hogwarts a History – Ummm…I just REALLY want that book to exist! It’s referenced sooo many times throughout the Harry Potter series and I would love to have a copy of it as well. It would be amazing to have the whole history of Hogwarts in one place and be able to actually read it.
Okay…I have seriously rambled enough about Harry Potter. Moving on!
3. An Author Who Should Write More Books
The first person that came to my mind when I saw this question was Erin Morgenstern. The Night Circus is one of my all time favourite books, I simply ADORED everything about it. Her writing style is one of the most beautiful that I have ever encountered. Sadly she hasn’t written any other books yet. Though I’m hoping with each day that there will be an announcement that she is coming out with another book!
4. A Character Who Totally Should’ve Ended Up With Someone Else
I really wanted Alina to end up with someone else. Or anybody else for that matter, other than the person she chose in the end. This is the only pairing where I’m VERY unhappy with the way things turned out to be. That has probably to do with the fact that I hated the person she picked. I don’t think I will ever get over this…Sigh.
(I read this series years ago and it’s still bothering me a lot.)
5. Totally Should’ve Had A Movie Franchise
Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin was such a fast and action packed book! The setting of the story is very interesting as well and I would love to see it on screen. I just have a feeling that this book would make an amazing movie! It’s definitely one that I would love to see. I have heard that the second book of this duology is amazing as well, but I have yet to read it so I can’t say anything about that yet.
6. Totally Should’ve Kept The Original Covers
The Diviners has one of the most beautiful covers that I have ever seen. The hardcover edition
(which I own) is even more beautiful, as it has very pretty gold details under the dust-jacket. For some reason the publishers decided to change the covers for the other books in this series and all of them are beyond bad. Seriously, each is worse than the one before.
7. Totally Should’ve Stopped At Book One
This is kind of a cheat answer, as I haven’t actually read the rest of the series. Anyway, I read The Maze Runner by James Dashner and I remember enjoying it.
(Though I didn’t love it and I had problems with it.) I was unsure whether I wanted to continue the series or not. A TON of people told me that the series only got worse and worse, so I decided to look up spoiler and I had to agree – this series just went downhill.
- Meghan @Meghan’s Whimsical Explorations & Reviews
- Marie @Drizzle & Hurricane Books
- Irena @Books & Hot Tea
- Beth @Reading Every Night
- Aria @Snow White Hates Red Apples
- Jackie B. @Death by Tsundoku
- EVERYONE else who feels like doing this tag!
As always, if you have already done this tag or simply don’t feel like doing it just ignore me. No pressure! 🙂