Last week I participated in the booktube-a-thon. If you want to know about the challenges and the books that I planned to read you can go to my booktube-a-thon TBR and check them out.
Sadly I didn’t have as much time as I would have liked this past week. Surprisingly I had a lot of things that I needed to do. First many family members from the Netherlands and Austria came to visit, so I had to spend quiet a bit of time with them. Then I also had some other things to take care of. All in all I had less time to read than I thought I would.
The challenges which I completed:
- Read a book with blue on the cover
- Read someone else’s favourite book
- Read the last book you acquired
- Finish a book without letting go of it
- Read a book you really want to read
I choose different books for some of them than I did in my TBR. Why? Simply because I wanted to have as many challenges as possible completed. And also: why shouldn’t I do that?
The changes were: for someone else’s favourite book I choose “Lolita”, as it also happens to be the favourite book of one of my very good friends. And for read a book you really want to read I choose “A Monster Calls”, as I really have wanted to read it for a long time.
The books that I read:
The books that I started reading:
All in all I am very happy with how much I ended up reading. I also enjoyed everything I read, which is always good! I had an amazing week! I hope that everyone that participated had a great time as well.
I will be writing more of my thoughts on these books at the end of the month. If you want to check them out I linked their goodreads pages on their images.
The Booktube-a-thon is a week long readalong that is happening from the 3rd to the 9th of August. For more information check out the official Youtube and Twitter page.
There are 7 challenges that you can attempt to complete. They are:
1. Read a book with blue on the cover
2. Read a book by an author who shares the same first letter of your last name
3. Read someone else’s favourite book
4. Read the last book you acquired
5. Finish a book without letting go of it
6. Read a book you really want to read
7. Read seven books
I haven’t been reading that much in July, I only finished one book. I just didn’t feel like reading anything. Thankfully I am in a reading mood again and this readalong came at the perfect time. I am very exited for it to start!
the books that I plan to reading:
- Persuasion by Jane Austen – book with blue on the cover
I have already read four other books by Jane Austen and I have enjoyed them all. I am very much looking forward to reading something else by her, especially this book as I don’t know anything about it.
- Night Watch by Terry Pratchett – a book by an author who shares the same first letter of your last name
My last name starts with a P and I am lucky that I had a unread book by Terry Pratchett on my shelf. Other than him I don’t think I own many (or any) authors with last names starting with P.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling – someone else’s favourite book and book you really want to read
This is the favourite Harry Potter book of a good friend of mine. It fits perfectly as this is the next one I have to read. I am rereading the Harry Potter series this year and I can’t wait to start this one, as it also is one of my favourites!
- A Monster calls by Patrick Ness – last book you acquired and finish a book without letting go of it
This is a rather short book which I can finish without letting go of it. Or at least I can try. I have heard that this book is rather emotional and that it’s going to make me cry. I am very exited to read it, as Patrick Ness is one of my favourite authors.
- The last challenge is to read 7 books. I don’t know if I will be able to do this but I will try at least. As for the 3 books that I need to read to complete this challenge I will choose them once the time for that comes.
To everyone who is participating good luck and have fun!
– Anna ♥